Powerful and flexible premium Ecommerce themes
Whether you’re growing flowers or vegetables, in your first garden or tenth, there are certain tools that every gardener finds to be essential. Gardening will be easier and more fun when you have the right tools at hand.
It can be really overwhelming to choose from a huge variety of gardening tools and accessories available in the market. Hence, listed here are a few must-have gardening accessories that you should consider buying right away.
- Pruning Shears
Pruning shears or Hand pruners, also called secateurs, help deadheading flowers or cutting pliable stems or small twigs. These can be used for pruning shrubs, vegetables, roses and can chop through stems of size an inch. These are one of the garden tools you will find yourself using the most, hence, always buy a comfortable and high-quality pruning shear.
- Anvil pruners are preferred for dead wood.
- Bypass pruners are better for live plants and woods.
- High quality pruners, the size of our palm must be used.
- Pruners should be sharpened regularly.
- Hand Trowel
A hand trowel is a small tool that is essential for planting containers, transplanting and taking out weeds. Look for one with a sturdy blade and comfortable handle grip to give you maximum control while digging.
- Select a sturdy and broad blade to dig tough weeds and move more soil.
- Store it in a clean, dry place to prevent rusting.
- Stainless steel trowels are more durable.
A shovel is a very essential garden accessory used for digging a hole, fillingbeds or removing compost mulch etc.A sharp, rounded-blade digging shovel must be preferred if you're planting anything larger than your fist.Always choose a comfortable and ergonomic design.
- Buy one with a strong handle and a sharp cutting edge.
- Shovel should be tough enough to handle immense pressure.
A rake will allow you to remove stones from ground before planting, smoothen soil surface, gather leaves, debris or level soil beds. You can even use it to remove moss and weeds from your lawn.
Different types of rakes serve different purposes. They come in a huge variety- leaf rakefor clearing leaves, shrub rakes, garden or landscape rakes for levelling mulch and soil beds and many other types. But a standard leaf rake is a good one to start with.
A wheelbarrow eases the burden of moving heavy gardening accessories around your garden. You can carry soil, plants, compost, waste, tools and many other things in minimal trips. A good wheelbarrow should be strong and well-balanced so that you can easily transport full load without it tipping.
- The single-handle, two-wheel models are easier to balance over uneven terrains.
- These can be pushed or pulled with one hand.
- Store it clean and dry to prevent rusting.
One of the most used equipment is a digging fork which can be used to loosen compacted soil, create holes for seeds, removing weeds and to soften tough ground. It’s sharp and strong tines can penetrate and dig into difficult terrains and dense soil.
- Forks with a slightly curved spine can be used for scooping mulch.
- Straight tines are opted for digging dense soil.
- Square tines are stronger hence are used to remove rocks and weeds.
- Gardening Gloves
Last but not least, a durable pair of gloves is really necessary while working in a garden. Gardening tasks can leave your hands sore and irritated. To avoid cuts, scratches and blisters from thorns and splinters, it is advised to get a good pair of gardening gloves. These provide comfort and protection to your hands and are usually coated with latex to give you a good grip. A heavy-duty pair is good for digging, moving materials and other demanding tasks.
- Gloves should be well-fitted and durable, but not too bulky.
- Store gloves away from water, sunlight and insects.
Agrihelp is an E-Commerce website with a wide range of products to meet agricultural needs.
At Agrihelp, we look to bridge the gap between the sellers, buyers and the farmers by providing our customers with the best products, at an affordable price, available at their doorstep. With Agrihelp, you can buy home garden accessories online in India. We offer a broad range of products for plant protection and nutrition. Our clients include farmers, FPOs, NGOs, nurseries, tea/coffee planters, home gardeners and other institutional growers.
We also provide:
- Free shipping on almost all products
- A huge variety of quality products for you to choose the best
- 3 days return or exchange service
Our mission is to provide the farmers and people related to agriculture across India with the best of agricultural inputs. And help them in growing the finest quality produce.
To read more agriculture blogs, go to - Blog
Leave A Comment