Powerful and flexible premium Ecommerce themes
Starting to build a garden is one of the most exciting, rewarding as well as daunting things you can do. Whether planting fragrant florals or thinking of starting a vegetable garden (or both!), everyone can benefit from getting their hands a little dirty. It all starts with a lifeless piece of land and as it keeps growing, it transforms into a beautiful garden with flowers, fruits and butterflies.
If you're new to gardening, you might find it difficult to know where to start but it isn’t that complicated. Even if you’ve never grown a single flower, it’s easier than you think. You just need to do the preliminary stuff and mother Nature takes care of the rest. You shall soon see your rewards.On so many levels, gardening is good for you: Studies show that this activity can help boost one’s mood and reduce stress and anxiety.
Here are 10 amazing Home Garden Tips for beginners: -
1.Choose the right location
Just like real estate, gardening is all about the location.
- Place your garden in a part of your yard where you'll see it regularly hence, you'll be much more likely to spend time in it.
2. Make sure you have plenty of water nearby
- Gardens located in hot, dry climates require about 2-3 inches of water, while gardens in cooler climates may require minimal or no watering.
- This helps to encourage the roots to grow deep rather than staying close to the surface awaiting their next quick sip of water.
3. Sunlight is important
Choose a spot receiving good sunlight. Most edible plants require at least 6 hours of sun in order to thrive.
4. Pick the right Gardening tools
- In order to cut back plants and bushes, as well as maintain their health by cutting off the dead parts of these plants, the tool that every gardener requires is a pruning scissor.
- The spade and trowel can be used to dig the holes for your plants, whereas the garden fork can be used to break the large clumps of soil.
- For watering large areas, a garden hose is perfect.For small and delicate plants, a watering can is preferred.
- A forked trowel and a gardening knife may be used for removing weeds.
5. Prepare your soil
Is your soil acidic, alkaline or neutral pH? Do you have sand, silt, clay, rocks, or a mix of all four? Does it have the perfect weight and texture?
- When starting a garden, it is always recommended to invest in the soil that is nutrient-rich and well-drained.
6. Add some mulch
Apply a layer of mulch about 2 to 3 inches deep around each plant. This will help keep away weeds by blocking out the sunand reduce moisture loss through evaporation.
7. Decide the plants that you would like to grow
It's important to select plants that are perfect for the growing conditions at your location.
- Do your homework and pick varieties that will grow well where you live and in the space you have.
- If you only want a small garden, do not grow something like a giant pumpkin, which will spread over a very large area.
8. Choose the right seeds
- It is recommendedto buy seeds from local seed companies, as they will have the right kind of seeds for your region and zone.
- Get some varieties that like to be planted early in the season and others that like to be planted later.
9. Feed your plants regularly.
Just like humans, plants need water and food too. Regular boosts of high-quality nutrition for your plants will result in a super garden success.
- A month after planting, begin feeding your garden with proper amounts of water and plant food.
- Keep watering the area until the water begins to pool, then stick your finger an inch into in the soil to see if it’s wet.
- Feed your plants with a balanced organic fertilizer according tothe label instructions.
10. Have Patience
Gardening requires a lot of patience.Every month you will learn a little more about what works and what doesn’t. We learn to wait for the plants to grow in their own sweet time.
Agrihelp is an E-Commerce website with a wide range of products to meet agricultural needs.
With Agrihelp, you can buy fertilizers and home garden accessories online in India. We offer a broad range of products for plant protection and nutrition. Our clients include farmers, FPOs, NGOs, nurseries, tea/coffee planters, home gardeners and other institutional growers.
We also provide:
- Free shipping on almost all products
- A huge variety of quality products for you to choose the best
- 3 days return or exchange service
Our mission is to provide the farmers and people related to agriculture across India with the best of agricultural inputs. And help them in growing the finest quality produce.
Leave A Comment